Wood is the first resource players can obtain. It is the most basic and common material in starve.io and is used in nearly every early recipe. Wood can be gathered by hitting trees, which can be found everywhere, especially at the edge of the map. Using pickaxes instead of the bare hands will collect more wood per hit, with higher tiers gathering more resources each time.
Trees appear in different shapes and sizes, depending on which biome the player is in.
- Trees in the forest:
- Trees in the winter:
- Trees on islands
Wood can be used for many purposes, however the primary purpose is for crafting. Wood is required to craft lower and middle tier utilities.
Wood is used to craft:
- Pickaxes (Wooden Pickaxe, Stone Pickaxe and Golden Pickaxe)
- Swords (Wooden Sword, Stone Sword and Golden Sword)
- Spears (Stone Spear and Golden Spear)
- Hammers (Stone Hammer and Golden Hammer)
- Stone Shovel
- Watering Can
- Helmets (Wooden Helmet, Stone Helmet and Golden Helmet)
- Defensive Structures (Wooden Wall, Wooden Door, and Wooden Spikes)
- Agricultural Structures (Windmill, Plant Plot and Bread Oven)
- Miscellaneous Structures (Workbench, Chest, Totem, Bridge, and Sign)
- Fires (Campfire, Big Fire and Furnace)
Other uses can be:
- Gathering score (1 point for 1 wood)
- Fuel for furnaces
|Type of Tool||Wood collected per hit|