Diamond is a relatively rare and useful resource, and also is the second highest tier currently available. There are 9 diamond deposits in the snow biome, and none in the forest or ocean biomes, hence the need to craft some cold protection before setting out to find diamonds. Diamonds can only be mined by golden pickaxes or higher.
Diamond deposits appear in different sizes.
- Small deposits can contain up to 5 diamonds
- Medium deposits can contain up to 10 diamonds
- Large deposits can contain up to 15 diamonds
The largest diamond deposits are located in the right corners of the map.
Diamonds are used to craft:
- Pickaxes (Diamond Pickaxe and Amethyst Pickaxe)
- Swords (Diamond Sword, Amethyst Sword, and Dragon Sword)
- Spears (Diamond Spear and Amethyst Spear)
- Hammers (Diamond Hammer and Amethyst Hammer)
- Shovels (Diamond Shovel and Amethyst Shovel)
- Helmets (Diamond Helmet, Amethyst Helmet, and Dragon Helmet)
- Diving Mask
- Defensive Structures (Diamond Wall, Diamond Door, and Diamond Spikes)
- Resurrection Stone
- Blue Thread
|Mining Resources||Wood · Stone · Gold · Diamond · Amethyst|
|Quest Rewards||Green Gem · Orange Gem · Blue Gem · Blue Orb · Blue Cube|
|Ground Resources||Ground · Sand · Ice Cube|
|Drops||Raw Meat · Rabbit Fur · Wolf Fur · Thread ·|